Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 2, and still no treasure chest

Hello all,

Well yesterday was and interesting day with the metal detector.  I took it out with the kids and played around a little.  I guess total detecting time was about an hour and a half again but this time I was working with the kids.  I was trying to show them the correct way to use the detector and how to dig.  Well, we ended up with a lot of stuff but not a lot in the way of valuables.

The plan for today is to hunt the wet sand.  Now that I have had some time to see how this thing performes around some wet sand, I think I have the right settings and techique for this beach.

As always, below is a picture of yesterdays finds, along with an inventory.

Total money found so dar with my metal detector......$1.31

1 - oz fishing weight (I'm keeping that)
1- Capri Sun pouch
2- tent stakes
1-large shell incrusted washer
1 very large rusty bolt
10-bottle caps (no clear winner as to the most popular yet)
7-pull tabs
1- peice of nicoret gum, still in the foil package
1 - metal bracelet from the 80's
1- lighter
1-foil cap from a drink
6 - peices of foil
1- peice of a shreaded aluminum can
1- random peice of wire,
1 - quarter
1 - nickle
9-pennies


Keep on digging!

No comments: